Overview – OVHcloud Managed Private Cloud Review
What Is It?
OVHcloud specializes in cloud hosting for businesses that need to protect critical information while making it available. The firm offers multiple plans to fit a very wide range of needs, allowing you to configure your server to almost any degree necessary. Whether you’re looking for scalability, performance, value, or something else, OVHcloud offers a managed private cloud solution that will fit your needs.
According to the company, OVHcloud “is built on the latest generation of Intel® hardware and the VMware® technology stack. Offerings provide physically isolated, single-tenant cloud environments for enterprise workloads. The OVHcloud product line has more powerful hardware, more software choices, faster provisioning, expert sales and support technicians, the global OVH network backbone, and the newly announced Hybrid Cloud Extension technology.”
Who Is It Best For?
While some cloud hosting providers are well suited for anyone or any size business, that is not the case with OVHcloud. Generally, enterprise-level organizations will find the most value from the company’s offerings. With that being said, a broad range of industries can utilize these services, including:
- Enterprise IT
- Government agencies and offices
- IT services
- Nonprofit and charitable organizations
- Retail firms
- Technology companies
OVHcloud offers a number of important managed services with the company’s managed private cloud packages. These include:
- Best-fit disaster recovery solutions tailored to unique business/organization needs and risks
- Live migration options to avoid outages
- vRack and OVHcloud Connect to connect dedicated servers and public clouds
- Expert technicians available 24/7
- A 17+ TBPS network
OVHcloud offers a number of important benefits for its customers, including the following:
- Ease of Customization – OVH, while being a small company, offers lots and lots of features and capabilities. That makes it possible to customize your hosting to your unique needs, budget, and specific risks the organization faces.
- Scalability – You get full scalability here, so there is never a worry that you’re paying for services or features that you don’t need or want.
- Storage as a Service – If your organization has a lot of need for storage, OVH’s storage as a service will be of significant benefit, allowing you to buy what you need, when you need it.
- AI and Machine Learning – Need bandwidth and processing power for AI or machine learning? OVH’s cloud hosting delivers those capabilities, meaning that academics, educational institutions, and R&D organizations can benefit.
- Plenty of Backup Space – While some hosts get middling marks for storage and backup space, OVH offers 500 GB, which is more than enough for most needs, and ensures that you’re ready for disasters and emergencies.
While OVH does a good job of standing out for all the right reasons, there are a few areas where they fall short of other providers in the market. These areas include:
- Installation Options – You only have a few pre-installed CMS modules available. These are WordPress, Drupal, PrestaShop, and Joomla. However, you can install your own if you prefer to use something different.
- Speed – While the company’s servers are fast, they are not the fastest on the market.
- Support – The company’s support team gets somewhat low marks for their slow response time and lack of expertise. Other companies do a better job of providing real experts to help with issues. OVH does offer a very comprehensive knowledgebase, but this is designed primarily for DIY solutions, and is not in line with the managed support aspect offered by many other hosting companies.
- Cancellation – If you decide that you want to move on to greener pastures, you may find that you get the runaround from OVH customer support. The company is making improvements, but it still requires a great deal of effort to cancel your plan.
- Cost – You’ll find that OVHcloud private cloud hosting is more expensive than some other companies that offer low-cost introductory periods. It is on par with renewal rates, though.
All pricing is provided through calls or direct quotes.
Unable to locate current costs.
OVH offers affordable pricing for their services and I cannot remember having any issues beyond a single outage back in 2015 that lasted about eight hours. Phone and email support have been responsive at all times, as well. Because I’ve been happy with their service, I’ve grown with them over the years and now have three dedicated servers with the company. I would absolutely recommend OVHcloud.
Affordable, fast, and secure. We rate them as our second favorite hosting company. With a range of plans, reliable service, plenty of uptime, and immense scalability, OVH delivers solutions that should work for businesses in just about any industry. We’ve used them for many years at this point, and couldn’t be happier with them.