Most Profitable Bitcoin Mining Hardware entering 2020
As a Bitcoin mining hosting broker, we have seen a major change in the types of Bitcoin Mining hardware that our clients are purchasing and hosting. With the current bear market and pending halving coming in May 2020, clients are looking for the best bang for their buck when purchasing Bitcoin mining hardware.
Legacy units such as the Antminer S9 and DragonMint T1 miners are almost obsolete unless you have free power. Today, clients are using the next generation SHA256 mining hardware with higher TH hash rates while utilizing less wattage for better performance.
Most Profitable Bitcoin Mining Hardware for 2020
1) Antminer S17 – introduced in the Spring of 2019, the Antminer S17 is quickly replacing the Antminer S9 and it comes in several different models with various TH rates and watts used.
- Antminer S17 –50TH, 1975 watts, pricing starts at $1253, host from $78/month
- Antminer S17 Pro – 53TH, 2385 watts, pricing starts at $1401, host from $94/month
- Antminer S17+ – 73TH, 2930 watts, pricing starts at $1930, host from $116/month
2) Antminer T17 – just like the Antminer S17, the Antminer T17 units are replacing older models and offer a high efficiency rate at a lower starting price point.
- Antminer T17 – 42TH, 2200 watts, pricing starts at $846, host from $87/month
- Antminer T17e – 50TH, 2915 watts, pricing starts at $1007, host from $115/month
Clients can purchase Antminers directly from the manufacturer, Bitmain, or from a pre-qualified reseller. Resellers charge a bit more but often have units on hand when Bitmain is sold out. Some resellers offer vetted used units at cheaper rates.
3) Whatsminer M Series – in 2018, Pangolin released the Whatsminer SHA256 model to compete with the Bitmain 17 Series. As of this writing, they are the second most popular Bitcoin mining hardware heading into 2020.
- Whatsminer M20S – 68TH, 3120 watts, pricing starts at $1999, host from $123/month
- Whatsminer M21S – 56TH, 3265 watts, pricing starts at $1399, host from $129/month
- Whatsminer M30S – 88TH, 3344 watts, pricing starts at $2499, host from $132/month
Clients can purchase units directly from the Whatsminers web site. Resellers offer used/new units for immediate delivery as well.
4) Veden Miner (we have no experience with these units yet) – new to the miner market, Veden is a USA based manufacturer that is pre-selling a high TH and low wattage SHA 256 Bitcoin miner. According to their website, the details are below:
- Veden V1 – 62TH, 1440 watts, pricing starts at $1950, host from $57/month
Unlike other miners, the Veden miner will run on 110v power and the company offers a 2 year warranty. As of yet, these miners have not been released yet so we are not sure about their performance and reliability.
Finding the best Bitcoin mining hardware is not the easiest task. Bitcoin prices are constantly changing and obtaining an ROI on your investment is harder than ever. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for comments or additional sales guidance.